As many of you may know, I used to run the site 311tribute.com. To make a long story short, I stopped updating the site for a number of reasons, and by the time I was ready to start up again, I found that someone else had bought the domain! I was upset at first, but quickly realized that this forced change was for the best, and became very excited to start over with a brand new name and design. (Let’s face it – the last site was in need of a MAJOR facelift!)
HOW IT WORKS:
This new site has many more “modern” features and there are a few recurring “activities” I would like to call to your attention:
1. The four photos at the top of the site are not just random static photos; they are sort of like “ads,” calling your attention to important news or events. To see the content, simply roll over each image with your mouse (or click on the image if you’re on your cell phone or iPad). Some of the ads may have clickable links in them, and some may not.
2. Blog posts/commenting: This is one of the most important aspects of the site! Please jump in and join the discussion whenever possible. IMPORTANT: to comment on a post, you will need to click on the post title. Then, click on the empty comment box, and you will see that you can log in via Twitter, Facebook, or Google, or make a username with DISQUS (very easy!). Let me know if you have any trouble.
3. Weekly Photo Theme: Each week, there will be a different photo theme (e.g., “Frolic Room,” “311 Day 2004,” or “Best Autographed Item.” The theme for the following week will be posted in one of the top “ads.” Email me your best photo for the theme, and each day a different fan photo will be featured on the blog.
4. 11-Day Trivia: I am bringing this back from the old site. On the 11th of every month, at 3:11 p.m. CST, a new trivia question will be posted. Email me your answer, and the first person to guess correctly receives a 311-related prize.
5. ALL ACCESS PASS: Every few weeks or so, I will feature a new interview/article about a notable 311 fan (chosen randomly by myself). You can find an easy link to the featured fan article in one of the top “ad” spots.
6. Poll: A different poll question will be featured about every month or so. Results will be archived on the ETC. page.
7. Audio and videos: All audio and videos are downloadable by right clicking on the text link and selecting “Save target as.” I have heard feedback that videos will not play/download on an iPad; I am working on fixing this.
Although the site you see today is not completely done (I had to come to terms with the fact that it will NEVER be 100% finished!), I am excited to share with you what I have put together so far. I will constantly be adding new audio, videos, photos, and other content, so be sure to check back often. The sections that are mostly ‘blank’ right now are in the works and will hopefully be finished soon!
Thank you so much for checking out the site. I hope you discover something new that makes your day! As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement.